[at-l] Pack covers

Hi all,

Been meaning to respond to the pack cover threads...

Just thought I would let you know that I picked a packcover by buying a
whole bunch of them and bringing them home.  There, I weighed them and tried
them on my pack - both when it was full and when it was less than full as it
is likely to be at times.

I ended up with a The North Face pack cover that weighed only 3 oz. and was
very simple.  It fit my Dana Terraplane perfectly and adjusted to work well
even when the pack wasn't full.  I considered the plastic bag route but
given the light weigh of this cover, I decided it was probably lighter to
not have to carry an extra cover just in case the original plastic one got
torn.  Also, given the recent thread about the fragility of silnylon, I
thought I would let you know that there are reasonable alternatives.  I've
got a Nomad and fabric on the packcover is a lot more rugged than the Nomad.
  But then the Nomad doesn't have to deal with overgrown trails and
bushwhacking.

Hope this helps,

Mara
Stitches, GAME99