Re: [at-l] Pack Covers

In a message dated 6/20/00 8:37:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time, woodelf@juno.com
writes:

<< Put the trash bag inside your pack. You can use two, one for things you
 might need and one for the rest. Years of this with no problems. A smaller
one protects the sleeping bag. >>

I have to agree with this.  It certainly kept the down bag nice and dry
during the ice, snow and rain we encountered on that last hike (and my
clothes in a seperate one also stayed nice and dry).  Of course, I brought
neither pack cover OR garbage bags.  Good thing my hiking partner was well
equiped and prepared.  But you can be sure that the next time I hike, I'll
have two garbage bags, even if I am not anticipating inclement weather,
'cause it worked great.

The Redhead