Re: [at-l] The South AND BBQ request

>On a *serious* note, somebody was singing the praises of some Carolina BBQ
>on the list recently.  Does anyone have a recommendation for BBQ along the
>I-95/I-85 corridor in North or South Carolina I'll pass tomorrow from
>Arlington, VA to Atlanta?

Probably too late, but I'll post it anyway. (I left at noon yesterday to go
to Damascus and drop off the HATT booth with Pittsburgh. Nice day, and I
wish I could have stayed for the whole thing.)

On I-95 in North Carolina, get off in Wilson, and go to Parker's or Bill's.
These are big, popular restaurants -- I think Parker's probably seats 600
people, and they're always packed. Don't miss the fried chicken -- get the
bbq/chicken combo platter.

On I-85, get off on Rte 86 South just west of Durham (I think it's the
Hillsboro exit) and drive down to Allen and Son BBQ. It is a bit of a drive
off the interstate, but well worth it. Much smaller place, cooks with
actual hickory wood. Unlike most bbq joints in NC, this one has awesome
french fries, and save room for some cherry cobbler.

Further south on 85, get off in Lexington and go to Lexington BBQ.

Off of I-40 in Greensboro, try Stamey's across from the Coliseum.

Heading to Atlanta, you're best bet is Allen and Son or Lexington BBQ.
Drive safe.

Ken