[at-l] C ya

See ya all tomm. or Saturday!

-R

Cc:            AT-list <at-l@backcountry.net>
From:          Shane <Fryerse@wku.edu>
Date:          Thu, 18 May 2000 23:53:58 -0500
Subject:       [at-l] New gear...

Hiya folks,

    I just received my new tent!, which is my first purchase in
preparation for my thru hike.  I've been reading review after review, and
I finally bought a  Peak 1 Cobra...  I've never taken Coleman very
seriously but it seems quite a few thru hikers really like the tent...

    Now comes the task of seam sealing it...  I've never seam sealed a
tent before, in hind sight I've had many wet backpacking trips too  huh?
Any advice would be much appreciated.  What's the best seam seal
product?  I'm sure the instructions will show it being applied with great
ease (like fiber glass patches, stucco, and spray on bed liner for you
truck), and I'm even more sure my roommates will come home and find me
glued to the bottom of the tent. So best application practices would be
much appreciated?

   I'm also looking at buying a new sleeping bag...  Has anyone tried the
new stretch bags and crazy legs bags they're pretty pricey, but look
comfy. Well actually I'm pretty broke, so if anyone can recommend a
reasonably priced, light bag, 25 to 30 degrees that'd be pretty keen
too...

    June 9-12 I'm hopping to hike the part of the Sheltowe Trace through
Natural Bridge State Park and the Red River Gorge (Boone National Forest
in Kentucky) a 3 day outing. I'll be driving through Louisville and
Lexington if anyone's interested in coming along just drop me a line. My
micro lite backpackers sauna and cabaņa bar is a bit heavy so the more
the merrier...

Shane