Re: [at-l] The South AND BBQ request

Greetings,

Pig pen, cotter pin; ink pen, safety pin; State pen, straight pin.  In sweet
home Bama, further description is necessary because they all sound the same.

On a *serious* note, somebody was singing the praises of some Carolina BBQ
on the list recently.  Does anyone have a recommendation for BBQ along the
I-95/I-85 corridor in North or South Carolina I'll pass tomorrow from
Arlington, VA to Atlanta?

Trail related: I'm stoking calories, and sauce, for a section hike in
Mass/VT starting Monday.

Thanks,

Tim

On Thu, 18 May 2000 18:26:32 -0400, Gary Ticknor wrote:

>  And then there is the ink-pen. Just "pen" refers to a pig-pen, or perhaps
even
>  to the State Pen.
>
>  - Gary from Fairfax
>
>  Ken Bennett wrote:
>
>  > >>Man, I love the 'slaw down here.
>  > >>
>  > >>R
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >Hey, what about the Sweet Iced Tea???
>  > >
>  > >C
>  >
>  > The is *no such thing* as Iced Tea in the South ;-)  There is Tea. Tea
>  > comes over ice, and ranges from very sweet to coma-inducing. If you are
>  > from somewhere else, you can order, and sometimes actually receive,
Unsweet
>  > Tea. If you are from somewhere *really* far away, you can order Hot
Tea,