[at-l] Cheerio in the Smokies

Got this note dated 4/17 from Cheerio...

I'm entering the Smokies this am, so it will be a long time before you hear
from me again.  cuz of pack weight - all that food for 7-8 days is heavy, I'm
not carrying this with me.  Its bouncing to Hot Springs.  Should be around
10-13 days before I send more mail.  Wish me luck, I've got a tough climb
this am back up to 5000 feet range from where I am @the 1000's.

Casey - awesome news about your pack.  Gregory's are great.

AT-L'ers, thanks for all the food ideas.  Hope the changes help on this
section.  Maybe I'll be out earlier!

Cheerio  GA-ME 2000