[at-l] Free email: The new meeeeeeeee

The survey I did back in February resulted in 5
different free email services being recommended. These
were
Juno (four votes up)
Yahoo (four votes up)
Hotmail (one vote up, four votes down)
Excite (one vote down)
Netzero (two votes down)

The five had different features recommended, different
personality quirks cited, and I was going to give you
a table on them, except then JohnO sent a listing of
11 free services, Navigator added to that, and then to
top it all off, Weathercarrot sent the creme de
la'creme:
 emailaddresses.com  (Aw, pooh, Yahoo is not going to
enable it. Sorry. Maybe I'll learn that one next
week.)

So I went to emailaddresses.com, and found a HUGE site
devoted to this entire subject. They have an
alphabetical listing of perhaps 200 free email
services, with many including reviews publically
posted by users. Veryyyy informative, and much better
than any little 5 sample table I was going to draw up.

Now, even with wild names like BigAssMail.com, or
highly memorable names like email.com, or big storage
places like (25 meg)Easyspace, I decided to go with
Yahoo for the fact that I can trust that my email
address will not go belly up next month (primarily)
and the smartly designed associated features available
through Yahoo (secondarily, but also very important).

I am now subscribed to at-l through this account, and
will be doing other changes all week long, I hope, to
liberate my state government email address from the
throws of my personal ya-yas. (I feel better already!)
So...please use sloetoe@yahoo.com for anything "fun"
in the near future, though, like a phonecall, don't be
afraid to use tmcginnis@ucclan.state.in.uc if you want
a timely answer on limited subject.

Learning by doing, I am