[at-l] Re: Light Pollution on the AT

Well, you got me on that. I am a bit of an amateur astronomer, and I know
very well of the problems of dark accommodation and the perils of
flashlights. That is why I pack the Photon orange as a fair compromise for
maintenance of night vision with enough yellow to actually read or find
that O-ring I dropped.

Personally, I'm asleep in my Nomad on a Ridgerest when twilight is gone,
unless there is an incredible sky. I snore to beat the band, and scare away
the varmints. If I am enjoying the sky and someone stumbles around with a
flashlight, they will learn of my opinion regarding their parent's fertility.

And 15 minutes late my eyes have recovered, although the stumbler is out
like a light!

I don't think I want to know what your concept of "any legitimate night
purpose" would be. After all, this is a family rated list.

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA