Re: [at-l] Re: Light Pollution on the AT

In my army days (mercifully short, and long ago) we were given hours of night
training "to reclaim the night" from Charles. We were taught to keep one eye
closed to light pollution at night, even from so much as a cigarette tip glow,
not to mention a flare. It was amazing how long it took to get night vision back,
more like 1/2 hour than 15 minutes. It was also quite amazing (to this 'burban
kid) just how MUCH you could see at night with just stars, not to mention any
kind of moon.

- Gary from Fairfax, not a night hiker