Re: [at-l] The Original AT Markers

They were used simultaneously, from the beginning.
The tin diamonds were phased out (very slowly) due to, ah, enthusiastic hikers' tendencies to petty mischief/larceny. There were very few new ones when I hiked in '79.
Anybody else?

>>> Scott Hoffman <shoffman@redrose.net> 03/03/00 04:29PM >>>
I have a very old AT marker (the ones that were made from tin) that was
given to me many years ago from a ATC official. As I understand it,
these were the first markers used on the trail before the now famous,
White Blazes. Anyhow, could someone tell me when ATC stop using these
triangles and started to use the White Blazes?

Mother Natures Son