[at-l] Re: What are avery awards?

I am so glad Leslie asked what the Avery Awards were.  I am new to this
list and didn't know either.  Now that Kahley has enlightened us I
say......YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!.  Is this for real?  Someone
actually is thinking about this seriously.  The one thing I was so
impressed with on the Trail was its trust of each other.  I found this
kind of trust no where in city life and found it refreshing  and one of
the many reasons I keep returning to the trail.   And really who cares
if you really went the 2000 miles - each hiker knows what he or she did
and that is all that matters!  It really isn't a competition thing!
EEEEEEE   GADS!

O'Henry