[at-l] Health Insurance Revisited Again For the Second Time

I'm sick to death of this topic, but I've got another question (help me out, Orange Bug!)

Obviously, short-term health insurance is cheaper than COBRA, because, as Orange Bug pointed out, with COBRA, they're trying to get rid of you. Also, several people gave names of really inexpensive health insurance... fine and dandy. Here's my NEW question:

Is there such thing as a short-term insurance plan that covers pre-existing conditions, and has a good prescription plan? Seems as though most short-term plans are good for emergencies only, but leaves you high and dry when it comes to your pre-existing conditions.... the reason why I want insurance in the first place. So, since I do have pre-existing condition(s), ought I just stick to COBRA?

Can anyone help?

Kristen

P.S. Can I just tell you HOW stress-free my life will be once I get the whole insurance thing figured out?!?!?!