Re(2): [at-l] Pot cozies (was Time to Get Ready---)

I do no simmering without insulating the pot.  Insulation isn't really
necessary (unless it's really cold out), although I imagine it is a lot
more efficient and faster, so I'm certainly not going to knock it.  But hot
water will eventually cook food, regardless.  I just boil my water, put in
my pasta or whatever, and take it off the stove.  Works fine for me.  It
does save a lot on fuel, not to mention my stove doesn't simmer well.

--Sometime