Re: [at-l] Physical Preparation

Greetings,

To get in shape for section hikes (typically 100-150 miles) I primarily use
a stair climber.  I've tried other things but it works best for me.  If you
have access to one, and it's too cold to train outside with a pack, I'd give
it a try.  To more closely match what I do on the trail, I take a bit longer
strides on the climber than most, but not enough to "bottom out" the
machine.

Even when I'm in great shape before I go, I still experience that sore
break-in period of getting used to wearing a pack before I get trail
hardened.  Unfortunately, that's just about the time I have to stop. :)

Take Care,

Tim Rich
Kennesaw, GA,

Visit http://freeworld.excite.com