Re: [at-l] Pur Hiker water filter

I was carrying a Hiker on the AT this year and when it clogged ridiculously
I called Pur from Kent, CT and had them ship a new one to Unionville,
NY.  I was still under my one year guarantee, but they didn't ask to see
anything proving that (which is good since, of course, I wasn't carrying
any receipts or anything with me).  They only asked that I send them back
the old one after I got the new one, which I did promptly.  They were
actually very great about it and made it as easy for me as possible.  So at
least in theory they still had the policy this year.  I'm sorry to hear
that you guys didn't have as good an experience with them, though.

Incidentally, I am absolutely fascinated by your trip.  Congratulations and
welcome back (a bit overdue, but hey)!

--Sometime
ME->VA '99
GA->VA '00?