[at-l] Drying food/chili recipes

If you have extra room in your dehydrator, throw in some sliced olives.
They dry well and offer nice bites of flavor and texture to pasta dishes
and chili on the trail.

My trail chili recipe varies but is based on the TVP veggie chili mix
you can buy in bulk or boxed on your grocer's shelves. I throw it in the
water and boil it with some combination of the following: tomato powder,
dried diced canned tomatoes, dried canned beans (kidney, pinto,
black...), dried onions, dried chilis, dried olives, dried corn. After
boiling, cover and let stand for a bit. You can eat it straight or with
rice, potatoes, polenta, tortillas, etc. It's great if you can bring an
avocado along. And I always finish up with a mint chocolate bar.

Give Me Chocolate