Re: [at-l] bivies- and wet sleeping bags

> There are others who may only thank of themselves. Set up a tent/Bivy
under a
> leak were those around them get wet. But, I their minds they volunteer to
> stay under the leak.> Wildbill

I guess I'm going to have to spell this out. When we arrived at the
shelter,,someone asked if anyone had a bivy,,,I said that I did. They asked
me if I would sleep under the leak because no one else had a bivy. I said
yes,,,no problem. In the Smokies the spaces are divided by small boards. NO
ONE else got wet from the water running off my bivy,,it pooled on the bottom
of my bivy. Another time,,,some one spilled something,,they were cooking
upstairs (talk about being inconsiderate!) It nearly got my
bag,,,fortunately I was in my bivy so I didn't get wet. Another
time,,,people were packed into the shelter during a heavy rain storm. Two of
us had bivys,,,we slept on the outside side of the shelter cross
wise,,,sheltering others from the wind and rain. OK,,,that should be enough
examples. KC