Re: [at-l] Re: Tent in shelter (was bivies)

In a message dated 1/25/00 4:52:10 PM, patv@falcon.cc.ukans.edu writes:

<< > <<  I just wanted the bug protection that night. >>
>  I've done the same thing in a backcountry shelter in Baxter SP.
>  The skeeters were using the leanto to keep out of the pouring rain so I
used
> my tent as a big bug net by hanging the tentroof from nails in the roof
beams.

I, too, have a tent that needs to be staked. I've thought about carrying a few
small screw eyes to run lines from in  a pinch. What do you think?

I got the idea to use cup hooks from this mail list. works great unless your
hands are cold and it is snowing.  Art