Re: [at-l] bivies

In a message dated 01/25/2000 1:12:22 PM EDT, wareagle@ioa.com writes:

<< I don't understand why you would object to someone using a bivy in a
 shelter? It doesn't take up any more room than your sleeping bag. I was very
 glad to have my bivy in the shelter. It not only kept me warm but kept me
 dry. Two times someone spilled something and three times I slept under the
 leak in the shelter (I volunteered because I was the only one with a bivy).

Then the water runs off your bivy and gets the person next to you wet. Space
in the shelter should first go to hikers without tents/bivy. If there is room
then there is  nothing wrong with it.

Wildbill