Re: [at-l] Ruck Recon

>>> kahley7 <kahley7@ptd.net> 01/13/00 03:02PM >>>
Sooooo.....anyone with any questions about the campground, the area, the
hostel, the park or anything else that I might be able to learn tomorrow.....now's the time.
Any questions?

1) BTW, I believe that, as of this morning, they were all full up. Anybody cancelling? Also, if you care to tent, the nearest campsites are a 5 minute walk away, according to Sean. (Nice guy on the phone. But he did reiterate the "No Camping on Grounds." state park policy — even if you've paid for a hostel spot, although he understood about the need to set up tents. I'd push that one, k; I think he might be flexible.)

2) For those of us silly enough to challenge kahley's chili making abilities, how much chili should we prepare? I'm going to make mine soon, and freeze it. I'm thinking a gallon? And Pasta? Should I call mine "Pasta la Vista, Baby" instead of Tom's Industrial Strength Chili?

3) What about them pancakes? Gene's All Day? I presume that kitchen will have skillets/griddle space sufficient to do a hostel's worth, before people get hostile. And I've got enough mix'uns to make 50 or so, so do we think more?.....And I'll be making them "live" Saturday morning "on demand", instead of making them here and freezing them — I got this horrible picture of 45 defrosting pancakes, and figured staring down hungry hiker-types was the lesser evil. And Sigh-Wrap. Whattah we got for Sigh-Wrap? Mrs. Gorp, Ma'am? Should I hit Sam's Club for discount maple (where's that from, sir?) and the 5 gallon Mrs. Butterworth's?

4) Sounds like those needing slide action have things in hand. Do we have TV/VCR action at the hostel? Do we have tapes coming? I have a bunch, but I don't need to bring them all AGAIN if they're already there.

5) What about the rest of our "eats"? Should we plan/bring our own food and ad lib group meals from there? Should we shoot for some other plan?

6) Who's going to run wit' me???????? Deeeeeeeeee? Dear Deeeee? Whooooo else? Would it help if I said I haven't run but 25 miles since Thanksgiving? Eh? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? I'm thinking an out-n-back meeting up with any hikers shuttled out and hiking back toward the hostel, running out, meeting up, and hiking back in. Howzat sound?

What the Ruck!!
Sloetoe