Re: [at-l] Hitching and the AT

In a message dated 1/5/00 5:17:51 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
thornel@attglobal.net writes:

<< Never get into a car without saying something and sticking your head into
 the car. If the hair on the back of your neck scruffles. "remember" that
 you are waiting for another hiker who is a half hour back, and thank them
 for stopping anyway. If you don't feel safe (regardless of how things
 look), pay attention to that and keep your pack on until the right ride
comes. >>

Great advice to pay attention to the driver and car your getting into and
keeping hold of your pack (life).

I know of my own experiences, going from foot travel, at a leisurely pace, to
a speedy car on curved roads, with an unknown driver, can certainly raise
anxiety!

Sly