Re: [at-l] Billing for rescuing idiots. . . .

During the early 70's I was a member of a SAR team that mainly was
involved in rescues along the palisades in NJ.  It would often p**s us off
when we would rapell down the cliff to get some fool who was down at the
picnic area near the river and walked past the "NO CLIMBING" signs to
demonstrate his macho to his girlfriend to climb the cliff.  The best
satisfaction came the time when after hauling the guy up to the top, (the
easiest way was to strap the fool into the stokes and haul him to the top
with the winch on a fire truck), his girlfriend began to beat him with a
stick yelling at him how stupid he was to try to climb in the first place.
Although no one was billed back then, a few were given summonses for
entering restricted areas.
Rich