Re: [pct-l] food drops

In a message dated 3/27/99 3:03:29 PM PST, buhll@yahoo.com writes:

<< We want to be able to share meals (so we aren't
 cooking different things for the same meal) but also
 want to allow enough flexibility so we aren't tied to
 each other the whole trip. >>

I agree, what you don't want to do is get joined at the hip with someone who
may not share your views on miles-per-day, politics, or whatever.  Keep
yourself self-sufficient with food, gear and support systems so you can split
up at any time.

Meals tend to become pretty repetitious on the trail.  You will almost
certainly have the same dinner more than once in each food drop, as will your
partner.  I suggest you just eat a couple of yours one day and lighten your
partner's pack the next.