Re: [pct-l] Duct tape Fix and retro gear

Retro man wrote,

> Hey Blister, You don,t ductape your whole blooming foot. Just heals and
anyplace you nomally get hotspots. Nothing and I mean nothing sticks as well
as ductape to your feet.

Duct tape is great stuff. Johnson & Johnson's Elastikon tape is just as good
and is pourous, allowing air to get to the feet and drying quickly. It is
available in 1,2,3 and 4 inch widths. You can find it at most good medical
supple or pharmacy stores.  To get any tape to stick well, clear your feet
with alcohol wipes, and wipe sry before applying the tape. Round all edges
and apply a small amount of vaseline or bag balm to the edges so the tape
will not peel off against your socks.

You can tape any part or all of your foot, but usually only where you
typically blister. There are specific ways to tape toes, heels, the ball of
the foot, etc.  Having run ultramarathons for years, I learned all about how
to tape and many tips and hints.  Enough to cover several chapters in my
book!

Yes, duct tape is great--so is Elastikon.

John Vonhof
vonhof@pacbell.net
author: FIXING YOUR FEET: Preventive Maintenance and Treatments for Foot
Problems of Runners, Hikers, and Adventure Racers
web site: http://www.footworkpub.com/feet/index.htm (check out the book
here)