Re: [pct-l] 1999 Thruhiker Support; taking water ?

Re: Water on the trail

How about a large metal "ammo box" chained to a Yucca Tree with a
combination lock on it. We cans stash water, goodies and a log of who we
expect thru. When a hiker goes thru he signs in. Hikers behind him can see
how many are behind him, judge the amount of rations left and make an
informed decision.

Cummon guys. A few hundred bucks can make these nasty waterless sections
lots easier. I need people who have previously hiked these sections to
advise where and how much.