Re: [pct-l] Starting Dates

In a message dated 12/6/98 11:04:55 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
Montedodge@aol.com writes:

>  It seems most people plan on starting there thu-hikes at May1st. Twenty
> years
>  ago, most hikers shot for April 1st for their thu-trips.

I wouldn't be surprised if that later date came from Ray's book!  It's the one
source I'm working off of, to date.  It assumes early starts will be
interupted by unneccesary heavy/deep snow depth.

I'm from the AT school and don't mind hanging out in town, but with limited
funds don't wish to cut my trip short, as I'm getting the impression may
happen, if I start too early.

Any other tried or tested variations in schedules are welcome.

Thanks,  Sly