[pct-l] La Nenia

Hi All
My understanding of the El Nino/La Nenia situation is:
El Ninio,warm waters off northern So. America allows Jet Stream to drift to
the south hitting Pacific coast near San Francisco.Result is that Sierras
get heavy snows, Cascades get light snows.Good for north to south hikes.

La Nenia,cool waters off northern So. America allows Jet Stream to drift to
the north hitting Pacific coast between Columbia River and Vancover Is.
Result is heavy snow in Cascades and lighter snow in Sierras.Good for south
to north hikes.

If we are infact in a La Nina situation the above seems to be true.On Nov.
1, I was on the PCT in the Oregon Cascades at 6000 ft and had about 6" of
snow. On the 28th of Nov.(4 weeks later ) there is over 7 feet of snow at
6000 feet in the Oregon Cascades.

Looks like south to north will be the best way in "99".
---
 garybrum@proaxis.com
                            +---> ProAxis Communications, Inc.
 PPP Dialup User            |     875-A NW Grant Ave
 http://www.proaxis.com/    |     Corvallis, OR  97330
 v.34 28.8k Access Thru >---+     *** (503) 757-0248 ***