RE: [pct-l] Crater Lake

In 1996 the PCT was moved up to the Rim Drive, for foot traffic only.  The
lower route is now for equestrians.

If you are wanting to White Blaze the trail, you'll have a tougher decision
just outside of Cascade Locks.  Eagle Creek is one of the most beautiful
places along the trail.  Almost everyone we meet hiked down it.

Tim and Ann
The Ravens  PCT '96