Re: [pct-l] Crater Lake

In a message dated 11/30/98 2:43:18 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
Charcholla@aol.com writes:

> What did those of you who have thru-hiked the PCT do at this point? Did you
>  follow the PCT, or hike along Rim Drive and then north on the Rim Drive
> access
>  road to rejoin the PCT north of Crater Lake?

Haven't hike the Trail yet, but sounds like a blue blaze to me, what about
Tunnel Falls, is this the same area?  From all I've read, lots of hikers to
this blue-blaze.  On the AT some have a white blaze mentality, where if you
haven't hiked all the official blazes, you are somehow less of a hiker then
other hikers that have.

Personally, I plan on walking roughly 2668 miles, whatever the figure is and
if I don't, I don't.  If I happen to get lost, find myself on another trail or
intentionally take another route and still be fortunate enough to make it to
Manning Park, I'll look back on my journey with a huge grin <HG> and memories
that will last a lifetime.

Sly