Re: [pct-l] BackPacks

As far as packs go, I have used Osprey internal frame packs since I
discarded
my old Boy Scout external frame pack years ago.  I spent considerable time
shopping around and every time I shop for a new pack, I always consider
getting
a different brand, but every time the Osprey fits me better.  I have bought
3
Osprey packs and love all of them.  They are different sizes and I still use
all of them.  As far as I can tell, the Osprey is the only major pack still
made in the USA (Dolores, CO).  Dana Designs, who was another American made
pack, moved their manufacturing facilities to Mexico recently.

As far as socks go, I haven't ever used a sock liner.

peace,
Dude in TX