Re: [pct-l] Re: crampons and ice ax, Kerrick Canyon

I agree with Strider, there is no need for a weapon on the PCT.  The
only person I have heard of dying while attempting a thru-hike of the
PCT ,was hit by a car while hiking on a road or trying to hitch hike or
something.  I am sure that someone out there can verify this statistic.
Weapons and the worries that accompany them are precisely the reasons
why I go hiking: I feel so safe and so close to The Creator when I am in
the wilderness, I have no need for weapons, and certainly do not want to
waste a minute of the precious time out there thinking about things I
could see on TV back home.

Just my 2 centavos.

Peace,
Dude in TX