[pct-l] The Wonderland Trail

I'm planning a trip around Mt. Rainier on the wonderland trail in mid
August and I have a few questions from those who have done this  trail.

1. I understand that you need to get a reservation 24 hours  before you
can  get on the trail,
    is it difficult to get on and should I plan for a few days of
waiting?

2.We are planning to do 16 to 17 mile per day, is this a resonable
amount of milage?  We've heard
    its a tough trail and some have suggested lower milage. On most of
our other hikes (inOregon)
    we average  around 15 to 16 miles and we have found this to be a
comfortable  pace.

3. Are bears a problem?  Do we need to hang our food or do they have
bear boxes?

Well,  that all my glaring questions for now.... thanks

Chuck