Re: [pct-l] Re: snow at bishop pass

At 10:48 PM 6/3/98 -0700, Brick Robbins wrote:

>It looks to me like this year will be MUCH more snow covered than 95, and
>that year there was still snow on the high passes in August......
>* From the Pacific Crest Trail Email List | For info
http://www.hack.net/lists

In late September of 95, I was in the northern most part of Yosemite with
my wife (Dianne), and my son (Thomas, 8 Yrs old at the time).  It was the
last two days of our ten day loop. We went up the Matterhorn Canyon to
Burro Pass, 10,560'.  At the top of the pass we had to climb up a 15' wall
of snow.  The snow went down the north facing slope for about 200 yards.

The next day we had to go over Mule Pass, 10,440'.  Not as much snow in the
pass itself, but the entire north slope was snow for about 1/4 mile.
Definitely a time my family will NEVER forget.

This was the last week of September 95.