[pct-l] Pack Weight

* Message posted to PCT-L from the National Scenic Trails Website
* by our guest mark offenbacher <marko@navicom.com>.
* Please use <marko@navicom.com> to reply to the sender.

I am planning on doing the Oregon/Washington sections of the PCT starting June 28th.  My itinerary calls for 19 miles a day with 8 rest days. Finishing in Manning Park August 30th.

I am doing it solo and I am having a tough time keeping my pack weight down.  At this point my pack weighs 30lb.  So based on resupplies, I should be averaging about a 40lb. pack most of the time.

Any comments?, I know Ray Jardines'....

Thanks

Mark Offenbacher