Re: [pct-l] re: Jeffrey/film

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Ken Marlow wrote:

>    What is an Olympus XA-2. Is this a point and shoot or? Is it still being
> made and what features does it have?

As far as i know this camera is not made anymore.  I found it used in a
newsgroup.  It has an auto-shutter, infitinely variable ASA setting, from
25-800, a self-timer, and a detachable flash unit.  AFter adjusting the
focus, it is a point and shoot.  Without the flash it weighs 8 oz with a
roll of film in it.  It was 2nd generation "small"  camera, the XA-1 being
the first I believe.  Its about 4" long, 1" wide and 2" high.

I have a 100 slide slide show of the Muir Trail taken with this camera that
rivals any SLR for high country clarity.