[pct-l] Cans and bears

Charlie:

Yeah, carrying an empty can is a drag, but it feels so much better after the
can is EMPTY.  The protein really makes for a hearty dinner, and I love
anchovies for their salt, oil, and protein.

No bear has ever gone after my pack with an empty can in it (I rinse the
cans out and store them in a zip lock bag), although one nearly succeeded
getting an unopened can (and the other nine days of food) near Kearsarge
Pass last year.  Pesky Yogi wouldn't give up, and those bears are very
stealthy.  Next time I'll sleep with my food.  Plus I've marked the location
of all the bear boxes in that area.  Plus I won't camp so close to the trail
next time.