[pct-l] Middletons

rogercar@pacifier.com (Roger Carpenter) wrote

>> If you want to camp near the
pass, Don Middleton lives in one of the homes in the "subdivision" just
north of I-10, and he often lets hikers stay in a cabin he has on his
property.  <<

I can only look back with fondness as I remember Don Middleton walking
twards me with a jug of water as I laboured in the 110F heat (uphill!)
past his house. His wife had seen me, and he came out to offer help. They
were true trail angels. I can only hope that future class members will be
fortunate enough to meet folks like them.....
--
Brick Robbins
San Diego, CA