[pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #409

Hello PCTers.
I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Mark "Stinky" Janowiak from New Glarus,
Wisconsin. I hiked the PCT in 1984 and am happy to have finally found an
Internet group to chat with about the trail.  My sister is going to do the
PCT either this spring or next year, depending on the snowpack. I'd
appreciate the general consensus on whether the Sierras will be hikable
this year.

A few questions. Is there a list where I can find through hiker veterans?
I'd love to be able to find some of the characters I met in 1984. One was
Cindy Ross whose books I've enjoyed.

To Blisterfeet: I met a Chicagoan in the early 1990s who was going to do
the PCT starting in late May. I recommended he hike from Mexico to Castella
south to north and then from Manning to Castella north to south. He
especially enjoyed meeting all the northbounders whose messages he'd been
reading for three months.

Again, nice to meet y'all.

Stinky, PCT 1984