[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[pct-l] Climbing Mt. Whitney during a thru-hike
- Subject: [pct-l] Climbing Mt. Whitney during a thru-hike
- From: BLISTERFREE%40delphi%2Ecom
- Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 20:37:23 -0400 (EDT)
This post has nothing to do with horses, logging, ALDHA-West or Ray
Jardine. Instead, I'm now wondering about the possibilities for climbing
Whitney as a spur adventure on next year's hike north from Campo. Does the
PCT run reasonably close to a connecting trail heading for Whitney's summit?
Is it a day-hike out-and-back sort of deal? Are any permits required? I've
heard something about a lottery system of issuing permits, and a maximum of
50 people allowed on the mountain via Whitney Portal, but how does this
figure into the itinerary of a northbound thru-hiker? Who out there has done
this and can report the facts and figures? Much obliged...
- Blister>Free, GA-ME '96-'97, PCT '98
* From the Pacific Crest Trail Email List | For info http://www.hack.net/lists *