[pct-l] Sleeping bag "upgrade" question

To upgrade a bag you have several options. The one I prefer for winter snow
camping is the use of a Feathered Friends "Rock Wren" down bag liner. This
liner is light (about 18 oz) and is unique in that it has extra zippered arm
holes and the foot opens with a drawstring so it can be used as a vest.

I have long since quite carrying my winter bag on ski trips, and now I use a
NF Blue Kazoo (0 C)  with the Rock Wren. I have used it down to -20C and
been quite comfortable. One BIG advantage comes when you make the first cup
of coffee in the morning. You keep the rock wren on, and then just slide out
of the overbag, and you keep most of the warmth as you struggle lighting the
stove in the vestibule!

One additional source of warmth is a silk bag liner. This also has the
advantage of keeping your bag clean, since you only have to wash the liner.

Hope this helps.
--
Brick Robbins
San Diego, CA