From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Junaid Dawud
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2006 12:29 PM
To: pctl pctl
Subject: Re: [pct-l] purity

So I'll be walking from mexico to canada.  I'll be taking the Eagle creek
and crater rim alternates.  And yet I'll still consider it 'pure' because I
walked from Mexico to Canada.  There are sections of the official PCT that
SHOULD be rerouted, so if I hike a continuous hike without skipping
sections, that makes me a purist.  And if snowpacks continue to accumulate
like they are, there may be lots of flipfloppers.  If they hit all sections
of the trail, then are they pure?  I'm not going hiking for 4.5 months
because I always colors inside the lines, I'm doing it because I'm not.  But
hey, if someone wants to challenge my purity, they'll have to catch up to me
first.
lol