[pct-l] celebrities on the trail

>> and I think it's kind of cool that Supreme Court Justice William O.
Douglas thru-hiked the AT (before he was a judge of course).
Now there's a wilderness area named after him on the PCT, if my memory
serves me correctly. <<

Another "Urban Myth", William Douglas never thru-hiked the AT. Though he did
section hike much of the trail. That myth was propagated by the ATC one
would assume to gin up support for the trail. When he heard about the ATC's
claims, Douglas was surprised. Even though he tried to squelch the rumors,
clearly they persist to today.

Ron