[pct-l] Section E Expediton Impressions

In a message dated 11/27/2005 2:07:31 PM Pacific Standard Time,
dsaufley@sprynet.com writes:

Any type  of bike device must be strategically placed so to make it
impossible for  the bikes to go around, and that is sometimes difficult to
find.  The  other consideration is that it must also be navigable by horses.
These two  musts make it very difficult to put up workable blockades in some
of the  most damaged areas.

The only thing I could come up with while hiking along Section E was some
type of gate system that hikers and horses could go through.  But, of  course,
dirt bikers would use it too.  At least there would be no excuse  that they did
not know they were on the PCT, since the gated areas would have  signs
indicating the limited use and wheel damage to the trail and fine  information.

It would take helicopters and a big annunity grant to patrol the  trail.  Not
possible.  I guess hikers and horse folks with cell phones  are the only way.

I also saw a nice dedication plaque to a lady who helped the trail and it
was severely bent, but still on its post.  People amaze me.  Capably  of so much
good and bad too.  Weird animals - only one like that.

Cheers, Switchback
May the Forest Be With You & the Trail  Too