[pct-l] shoes

For a long time I am using NB and was very happy. One of the main reasons
I like them is the availability of extra width models.
While I used 3 pairs on the AT of the earlier models in 2001 and 2 pairs
on the first 1'000 miles Southbound on the PCT last year, my most recent
pair of 806 hardly lasted 500km on the JMT section. Already after a week
the toe caps became open and sand got into my shoes.
After the hike I sent them to NB but have not heard anything yet (not that
I really expect anything).
Adrian