[pct-l] OR and WA resupply recs

> Why WOULDN'T you send a resupply package to
> Ollalie Lake?

During my little southbound jaunt this past summer, a
package I had sent to Ollalie Lake Resort should have
been there when I arrived.  It wasn't.  I ran into at
least 4 other people whose packages didn't make it
there as well.  In fact, I had called the owner THREE
WEEKS before my trip, told him when I would be
arriving, and he said I should mail it to him in Bend,
where he lives, since there had been recent problems
with the Forest Service delivering the packages there
(Ollalie Resort is relatively remote). I mailed out
the package the next day to the owner...Priority Mail.
When I arrived at Ollalie (did I mention THREE WEEKS
LATER?) and noticed my package wasn't there, one of
the employees called the owner in Bend who
acknowledged he had my package but who then said that
I should have sent it earlier. He obviously had
forgotten to bring it up the prior week or WEEKS.
According to the employees there (who were great), the
owner is more than a bit of a flake who, quite a bit
of the time, doesn't really give a rat's patutee (sp?)
about hikers. So, my advice, if the same owner is
still there, don't feel overconfident your stuff will
be as well.

Still Bitterly Yours :),
Squatch
www.walkpct.com