[pct-l] SuperSecrets - Maps

Hiker97@aol.com wrote:

>This is an update of a previous SuperSecret.
>
>Most of the time you carry the guide book maps of the trail you are hiking.
>But I find that a good overview map is very useful too.  It gives you roads
>and towns in the vicinity.  Plus it shows you the whole section.

This is precisely why I carry the Tom Harrison High Country maps as I
hike about in the Sierras.  A road map wouldn't help much at all in
these vast roadless areas, but a TH map lets me hike any side trails and
parallel trails to the PCT, and do cross country and peak bagging, and
shows the roads that cross or deadhead on either side.
llamalady