[pct-l] Admin Note: God and the Trail

I am saving your post for my management class. It was an
excellent piece of writing that everyone should be able to
tell was well thought out, and written very tactfully, on a
very sensitive subject. My cudos!!

It also means, and maybe we can eliminate war here, to allow
others to live their own lives as well hike their
own hike.... Perhaps, if everyone followed
their own religion exactly as it dictates, then we would all
"get along"...becasue each religion in some form or fashion
requires a peaceful existance with one's fellow humans (and
nature and the Trails of the PCT, and trails of life!)

Myself, there is one huge boulder in Lyell canyon (YNP) before you reach
the end of the 8 mile flat trail on the PCT/JMT (NB)I go by 2-3 times
a year for peakbagging in the area that gives me shivers and sort of an
epihaney (sp?) as if their is an extreme spiritual presence there.

Specifically, one of deep calm, peace and serenity- I see the entire
PCT before me as I slip into some kind of trance state induced
by that huge rock' also the birds and the stream there take
on a timbre and resonance I have no where else...It is a totaly nondescript
place, nothing special to look at, but it the only place on the
entire PCT (or AT for that matter) that ever affected (effected?)
me that way...

Richard

BTW on the topic of what/whose God "belongs" to whom:

I am sure God and her black sisters have left their mark there
somehow :-) on that boulder on the PCT.

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 10:48:43 -0700, PCT-L Admin wrote