[pct-l] Admin Note: God and the Trail

Admin Note: Please read

The current thread about god in the backcountry has been quite interesting,
but it looks to me like it might be taking a nasty turn.

I think that most of us who have spent any time in the wilderness have felt
very insignificant and small, and thus felt that there must be something
larger than us.

Exactly what this "something" is, does not seem revel itself to every one
the same way, so different people have different revelations about this
"something," and thus we have different religions.

Wars have been fought over these differences.

There will be NO wars on this list, so if you feel the need to talk about
your god, or lack thereof, you may only do so under two conditions.

1)It must pertain to the PCT somehow. Random preaching is not appropriate.
2)You must be polite and tolerant of the views of other list members.

Remember, Hike Your Own Hike,
and let other hike theirs

--
Brick Robbins