[pct-l] RE: God and G-d

Kraig et al.

I'm not so sure that it was a mistake to post that thread here.  I'm new to
the list having just joined PCTA, then this list, because I am opening a
business in Burney and look forward to welcoming trail users.

I have been fortunate to be able to travel quite widely.  Before I
immigrated to California from England, I got to walk in the deserts in
Israel, the mountains of Austria, and in Cypress and Greece and .. and ..
the list goes on.

Since coming to America, I have let diabetes, gout and arthritis limit me to
short day hikes, and I have started to substitute driving for walking more
and more.  Yes, one excuse after another!

It's very easy to let the pressures and responsibilities of daily life
gradually take over, and despite increasing leisure time, I think that more
and more of us don't actually let go.

This thread has, for me at least, been a refreshing reminder of how it used
to be, and more importantly how it SHOULD be!  Thank you for the kick in the
pants.

My wife Merry and I look forward to meeting trail users as they pass through
Burney - please don't hesitate to call us if you need anything - including a
ride into town - if we can help.  We hope to be the new re-supply drop spot
here in town.

Drew

(Our information sheet is available by sending a blank email to
PCT@postnetburney.net)