[pct-l] Sobo and flippers spotted

AsABat, Geezer and I (Capt Bivy) had a wonderful section hike over Labor Day from Sonora Pass to Echo Lake, South Tahoe.  One of the pleasures I enjoy is when I meet one of my hiking family.  Here is the run down.

Sept 2, Friday. "Step long" he said.  I asked him to repeat it.  I hadn't heard of him, but that's kind of a neat name.  At camp that night I was corrected.  We had passed TEFLON!  He should be at TM tomorrow.

Sept 3, Saturday.  Shade was the first of the day, then a sectioner named Metotay, then Stick Girl and Bum.  Next was Patrick, a flipper who will finish at KM!  On Mother's Day I had called L-Rod up and asked if there was anyone who could shuttle me 30 miles from her house.  In her can-do spirit she said, "Sure, come on up and we'll find someone."  Well, Patrick and his brother were traveling that direction.  And now he will finish shortly.
Apple and Young Bill (Monty and Bill Chipman) flashed by going NOBO.  They are flippers who will finish in in Ashland.  Apple leads a pace that is between 3.5-4 mph.  Dang.  Here I am plodding along at 2 mph.  We play tortoise and the hare for the next couple of days as they stop a couple of times during the day and we don't.  We both do about 23 miles per day.

Sept 4, Sunday.  Apple, Bill and I play leap frog a couple of times at the start of the day.  Then we meet Boatman, a husband and wife team who flipped and are going to finish at Tehachipi.  Letterman also passes us by.

Sept 5, Monday.  We pass One Gallon a short ways out of Echo Lake.  He was doing 25 mile days, but now he plans to slow it a little and enjoy the scenery more.  He flipped from Trail Pass to Canada, but now says he will continue all the way to Mexico and do an extra 750 miles!

Well, we got to Echo Lake and Apple and Young Bill had picked up their box that they had sent to the resort, not the PO, on the last day possible.  The resort is closed for the season as of Tuesday!!  AsABat had his large king cab Tundra and we were able to fit all 5 of us for a stinky ride into Tahoe (South Tahoe Inn).

Geezer, whose car we took up to Sonora Pass,  was dropped off at TM for a solo section back to his car.

Signing off,
Capt Bivy